The Objectives of the Wacław Felczak Institute:
The aims of the Wacław Felczak Polish-Hungarian Cooperation Institute include, in particular:
- cultivation of Polish-Hungarian traditions and heritage as well as their advancement in public and international life;
- advocation of language acquisition, learning about the culture of the two countries and Polish-Hungarian youth cooperation;
- development of scientific, educational, cultural, economic and sports cooperation between Hungary and Poland;
- initiation and support of initiatives and projects aimed at increasing the familiarity between the two nations;
- support of activities to improve the innovativeness and competitiveness of Poland and Hungary.
Pursuant to the Act of 8 February 2018, the Institute’s bodies are: the International Council of the Institute, the Board of the Institute and the Director.
The International Council of the Institute comprises no more than 20 members, appointed from among those who have distinguished themselves with their knowledge of Polish-Hungarian relations and who have contributed to the strengthening of this cooperation.
The Board of the Institute consists of specialists whose knowledge, expertise or authority guarantee the correct performance of the Institute’s objectives.
The Prime Minister of Poland, with the decision of 1 August 2018, appointed Professor Maciej Szymanowski, PhD as the Director of the Institute.
Memorial plaque of Professor Wacław Felczak at the József Eötvös College in Budapest