Between the 22nd and the 25th of November, Krasiczyn near Przemyśl will be the venue for the Polish - Hungarian School of Leaders, organised by the Wacław Felczak Polish-Hungarian Cooperation Institute.
Marek Kuchciński, Speaker of the lower house of the Polish Parliament and László Kővér, Speaker of the National Assembly of Hungary will be the guests of honour at the Polish - Hungarian School of Leaders in Krasiczyn.
The Polish - Hungarian School of Leaders will be making its debut. Its programme is unprecedented in the history of Polish - Hungarian relations, and particularly in terms of contacts between the young generation of Poles and Hungarians. Maciej Szymanowski, Felczak Institute's director, talks about the idea which lies at the core of the School:
"In as much as we don't know what will happen in the future, we certainty do know who will create it. It will be created by young people, such as the two hundred or so whom we've invited to Krasiczyn. They came here from large cities, Warsaw, Kraków, Budapest as well as smaller towns. We want the best of the best - from the world of politics, academic lecturers, experts and journalists - to share their knowledge with those youths.
As could have been expected from a debut of such a large event, a number of unexpected things cropped up, which we’ve managed to deal with. We are already planning further events of this type, yet on a larger, summer university scale. Somewhere in Southern Poland, far away from the hustle and bustle, in magnificent surroundings, a moment may be found to talk about the most crucial issues for Poland, Hungary and for Europe."
Krasiczyn castle stands along the Przemyśl - Sanok route, the former guardian of the San ford. It is one of the most beautiful Polish Renaissance monuments . Students from Poland and Hungary as well as the young and active in the public lives of the two countries will meet at this historic site.
Various classes, lectures, discussions, presentations and panels oscillating around social and political issues will be held during the four days of the School. The subject scope is broad - from the histories of the two countries and nations, through our common history, also modern - after 1989 and up to the current situation in Central Europe, problems of the European Union as well as civilizational challenges, such as Islam. Young School participants will discover results from public opinion surveys in Hungary in Poland and Poles. The school will also have a cultural dimension in the form of concerts and films.
Polish - Hungarian School of Leaders Programme
Krasiczyn 22-25 November 2018
Thursday, 22 XI
- 4:45 pm – opening of "The Parliaments of Friendship", a photography exhibition
- 5:00 pm – screening of "The whole truth about Wacław Felczak" film, meeting with edit. Beata Netz and dr. Wojciech Frazik.
- 6:30 pm – official opening ceremony, mini-concert by the PPK Catholic University choir.
Friday, 23 XI
- 9:00 am - 10: 00 am – lecture: "Poland and Hungary across history - the Hungarian perspective" (prof. István Kovács)
- 10:00 am - 10:50 am – lecture: "Poland and Hungary across history - the Polish perspective" (prof. Jan Draus)
- 11:00 am - 12:15 pm – panel discussion: "Political transformation in Hungary and in Poland. Successes and failures" (chaired by prof. Waldemar Paruch; panellists: dir. Dávid Szabó, Századvég, ed. Łukasz Jankowski, Wnet Radio
Saturday, 24 XI
- 9.00 am - 10:00 am – "Jihad and the West's self-annihilation", a book by Paweł Lisicki: presentation and discussion
- 10:00 am - 11:15 am – panel discussion: "Poland and Hungary in the European Union. Effective ways for a stronger EU." (councillor Grzegorz Nieradka, ed. Olivier Bault, ed. Maciej Wolny)
- 11:30 am -12:30 pm – presentation of results from public opinion surveys in Hungary in Poland and Poles (Dávid Szabó, Századvég). Discussion.
- 3:00 pm – "Youth and the future". Conversation. Member of the National Assembly Lőrincz Nacsa and Paweł Szefernaker Secretary of State at the Ministry of the Interior and Administration.
- 3:30 pm – 4.30 pm – "It is worthwhile to desire" - a meeting with Speaker Marek Kuchciński and Speaker of the National Assembly of Hungary László Kővér. Chaired by Maciej Szymanowski.
- 6.00 pm – "Joszko Broda Polish Hungarian" Joszko Broda Band concert
* event participants may alter
author: Krzysztof Ducki (Budapeszt)